Our little group of friends sat drinking and laughing for hours. That night we were more rowdy and obnoxious than ever; and certainly more drunk. We were celebrating Sue’s birthday with a big, loud bang. It was good to be back at Flyers and somehow this party felt a little like it was a welcome back for Hub and I as well. I think amongst our little group, it kind of was. No one knew quite what had happened, but they knew there had been tension between Hub and I and that it had kept us away for a couple of weeks. It was a relief to them to see us back and to see us happy together again.
To say that no one knew what had happened isn’t quite right though. Jesse knew. He’d known part of the story before that night, but after he and I sat talking quietly, alone for a while, he knew the whole story. I am not sure quite why I decided to tell him everything, but I did it anyway. I had revealed to him the secrets of my love life and he had revealed to me his secret desire to be with me. The dynamics of our friendship had radically changed.
Jesse’s attraction to me was not one sided. He was an incredibly good looking man with the most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever seen. I had always had a physical attraction to him. I cannot imagine any woman who would not. He also had this charm about him that drew people in. He had the looks and the personality. Now he had added a very special ingredient to the mix. He had expressed want and desire to me. As a woman who had been lacking that for so long, it was the most attractive thing of all.
I had never been unfaithful to Hub, and despite my overwhelming attraction to Jesse, I was not going to be unfaithful now either. I would talk. I would flirt. I would secretly fantasize about Jesse, but I would not act on any of it.
Around 1a.m. the crowd had died down. Most people had already left for the night. There were little groups of people hanging on here and there throughout the bar. Our group was one of them, although even some of us were beginning to head for the door. Jake was one of us that was ready to call it quits. Hub and I both walked him outside and made sure he was deposited safely in a taxi before we returned to the bar.
As we walked toward the door Hub gently grabbed my arm. I stopped and looked up at him. He smiled at me and said, “I know you’re really attracted to Jesse and that you want him.”
I was shocked that he knew. I thought we had played it off pretty well. I was wrong. I knew the shock had registered on my face and I tried to play it off as being shocked that he could think such a thing. “What are talking about?”
Hub rolled his eyes at me, but he smiled when he did. “Look Rocki, I know I was an ass the last time we were here. You were right. It was stupid of me to expect you to want another woman in our bed when I had said no to having another man there. I’m sorry.”
At that point I was really confused. I had thought he was about to be angry over Jesse and I. Instead he was apologizing. It didn’t make sense, but I was really happy to hear him admit he was wrong. “Thanks Hub. That means a lot, but the truth is, I didn’t want to do anything with that guy anyway. He was creep.”
Then, Hub totally shocked me. “I know. I also know that you’re really attracted to Jesse. I know that you want him, and it’s obvious that he wants you. I want to prove to you that I am willing to do this for you.”
“Do what?”
“I think we should invite Jesse to come home with us tonight. I am willing to bring another guy in for you. I can’t ask you to let in a woman if I’m not willing to let in a man. I know you want him. So I say we do this.”
I was so caught off guard by all this that I really wasn’t able to think straight. I was also really, really drunk. The combination of the two was certainly not conducive to rational thought. I was able to look back later and realize that I had never really wanted anyone else in our bed with us. Not man or woman. For me it had just been the excitement of the talk. I never really wanted to go through with any of it. At that moment I couldn’t grasp that though. I had also not paid close enough attention to Hub’s words. There was something he had said that would become very important later. The individual words were overshadowed at that moment by the overall content though. Jesse, a man I was extremely attracted to, a man who had just showered me with all the words and attention I had been craving for months, a man who truly wanted me, a man I thought was off limits… had now been made accessible for me. Was I thinking straight at that moment? No. All I was thinking was that I could be with Jesse.
Hub and I returned to the bar just as Brent was calling it quits for the night. We said goodbye and returned to the table where Jesse was conveniently now sitting alone. The conversation between the three of us didn’t amount to much. We just chatted about little things. Then Jesse, as if he knew what was coming, and maybe he did, said, “It’s a shame the party has to end.” It was the perfect opening to which Hub replied, “Well you could always come back to our house and we could continue the party there.”
That is exactly what he did.
We sat in the living room for a while talking, having another drink, and watching some comedian on TV. It was very odd at first. No one seemed to know what to say or do. I can’t really remember what exactly was said. The only thing I can really remember clearly is that Jesse was the one to finally say, “We all know I’m not here to watch TV.” With that the ice was broken and we all went back to the bedroom.
I am not going to give the details of the rest of the night. I will only say that I hadn’t really known what to expect, but anything I had imagined was nothing like what happened. The biggest reality that came to me from that night was how completely different men can be.
Of course the strangest part was yet to come…. The next morning.
Disclaimer: The re-telling of these events from my past are not meant as an endorsement of the swinger lifestyle. It is not meant to glorify swinging in anyway. In fact, the whole story is meant to demonstrate how swinging can destroy a marriage and ruin the love and trust between two people. I also want to make people aware that just because someone goes along with this lifestyle it does not mean they truly want to do so. They may be doing it simply to make their partner happy, while it is slowly eating away at their own soul.
1 comment:
Oh Rocki,
I remember one horrid time with this couple, (the man had the worst BO I've ever encountered and his partner was HEAVILY BI) and I was on my tummy thinking--
So, this is what it feels like to be a spit roast... and Oh God... please let it end very soon.
You tell the tale superbly; you aren't alone honey and I admire your courage immensely.
(((hugs)))
Lexie
PS: I read your comment on the other post about the kiddies.
Post a Comment