Monday, August 9, 2010

where am i?

Marriage has given way to more of a partnership in parenthood. That is where I am. Where we are. We co-exist in co-dependency. Somehow it fits and makes a weird sort of sense right now.

Are we in recovery? No. At least not formally. Neither of us is in that place. I think I'm closer to it than Hub is, but I'm still not quite there.

Is everything wonderful? Of course not, but I can look at Hub and not want to push him in front of a bus. That's progress.

He hasn't acted out since returning from our separation. I am not delusional enough to think he never will again, but again... it's progress.

Life is not how I envisioned it would be. And yet, I am in a place of accepetance of all this.

2 comments:

Terra said...

acceptance is or at least can be good. I have tears reading some of your words this week. the curve balls we take sure can be tough can't they

Terra said...

acceptance is or at least can be good. I have tears reading some of your words this week. the curve balls we take sure can be tough can't they

Related Posts with Thumbnails