Co-dependency. I refuse to let it define me. To do so would be to let it control my life. I've been at that point before and for too long. My life is so much more than that. I am more than just the wife of a sex addict. My past is more than those moments of heartbreaking betrayal. There is joy there as well. Honestly, there are more moments of spectacular blessing than there are of gut wrenching pain. Somehow, I have found it within me to make the choice to look back and focus on the good. While I will never forget the pains of the past, I can now look at those moments and say, "screw you! you have not damaged me. you've only made me stronger, wiser and more capable."
I was going to say that I am a new me, but that is not true. I am the same me I always was, just a better version of me.
My life may still be on the rocks, but it's not at rock bottom anymore. I truly feel like I am finally making the climb.
2 comments:
What an encouraging, beautiful post.
You keep going. I know a lot of what you write about it.
It is a battle for your absolute soul...and it can be hard to recognize that we deserve something more...
I'm sure you know of CoDA. It is a good support organization.
I know we're new to each others blogs. I don't know if you read my Independence Day post (in my sidebar under July 3...hmmm...imagine that - ha!)
Give it a whirl. It might speak to you.
Post a Comment