Saturday, August 21, 2010

summer vacation

Jenny Matlock had a little something different planned for this week's Saturday Centus. "Your story must be written in first person AND must be exactly 100 words long. It can be fact or fiction.
So...
Exactly 100 words, first person, fact or fiction...What I did over my Summer Vacation. AND What I did over my Summer Vacation is the title of your essay not to be included in the 100 words! "

WHAT I DID OVER MY SUMMER VACATION

Tiny pebbles between my toes,
a precarious balancing act fighting to stay afloat on my two dollar raft,
watching a happy five year old throw rocks at the shore,
listening to the laughter of teenagers actually enjoying time with the family,
seeing my husband fall off his raft and get up laughing,
water splashing back and forth in a classic water battle,
sand castles formed with care being smashed by plastic bulldozers,
the warm summer sun shining down upon five happy people resting on towels in the sand,
a heavenly glimpse at the way life was and should always be.
I LOVE this week's prompt so much I think I will do another version of it later. I had another idea on what to write and I can't resist the urge. I'll update later!

17 comments:

Koby said...

Yes, exactly how life should always be...great job with the prompt.

Bookie said...

Beautiful pictures here...pleasant to read....

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds perfect to me!

=)

Kaelin said...

I love what you wrote! I enjoyed the exercise as well - I think we might have similar paths...

Viki said...

It read like you really enjoyed this prompt. Very entertaining. Good job.

Cheryl said...

This sounds like the best day of the whole summer. Glad you're playing twice.

Unknown said...

This delightful post left me smiling and wanting to hear more. Thank you for sharing a little glimpse of your summer!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Now that was picture perfect, timeless summer captured in words.

Terra said...

yours was precious! I think you should do another!

Deborah said...

I couldn't agree more ... lovely :o)

Malisa said...

What an amazing summer! Glad you got to enjoy sun, sand and family...a happy family at that!

I just posted my contribution.Please stop by!

Malisa

cj Schlottman said...

Great summer you had! This post, so descriptive and clear, makes me wish for sand between my toes!

Thanks.........cj

Tracy said...

super post I love pepples between my toes it normally means I am on a beach

Pelican Joe said...

Great post... except, I don't like sand! Love beaches! Sand gets into everything!

Tgoette said...

If ever there was a "feel-good" post, this one takes the cake. LOL! Great job this week!

Kat said...

Beautiful description of a perfect summer day. I really enjoyed this!

Jenny said...

I loved this!

Absolutely, totally loved it!

Although I could feel the sadness running through it, the visualization was so superb...like a piece of free form poetry delighting all my senses.

Thank you for linking this.

You are amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails