Saturday, October 16, 2010

Evil comes in many forms

Hurray! It is Saturday. Know what that means? It means the kids are home to drive me insane, but that is not what I am referring to. I am talking Centus time! Saturday Centus is a themed writing meme in which you are given a new prompt each week. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story.

I love Halloween and so I am so far enjoying the prompts of October! Below is my entry for the week. Prompt is in color.

I’d turned out all the lights and sat huddled down beside the couch, desperate to stay below line of sight. They were coming and I knew it. Those horrible hobgoblins were going to arrive at any moment. I couldn’t face them. I wasn’t ready. They would come and they would take and take and take, showing no mercy.

The doorbell rang. There is no way I am going to answer that door.

A muffled, “Trick or treat,” came through. Only kids!

"Trick or treat!" they shouted as the door opened...
No! They had indeed tricked me! It was them, the hobgoblins. Evil bill collectors!

16 comments:

Judie said...

This is hilarious! I love it!! Great take on the prompt!

Kat said...

Now that is a dirty trick! There ought to be a law. Clever use of the prompt, I can feel her tension. Nicely done! Kat

gautami tripathy said...

Bill collectors are evil alright!

:D

within the pages

Deborah said...

Well written and very clever ... well done!! :o)

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

I think a lot of people can relate to this one these days!

=)

Jackie said...

That sounds just like them . Evil evil tricksters showing no mercy . Nice take on the prompt .

Viki said...

Oh man, I'd rather they have been trick or treaters lol. Very clever and different way to go with this prompt. Good job.

Ames said...

Well I hope you paid them off in candy!!! Good post!~Ames

Unknown said...

Now that's a scary post!

Unknown said...

Yikes! That is scary and a unique take of the prompt.

Tgoette said...

LOL! I hope you gave them the hose! Great story!

Anonymous said...

This is quite the twist!

Teresa

noexcuses said...

Too funny! They use the same disguise when they call the house!

cj Schlottman said...

I love the direction you took with this prompt! Very clever and imaginative. I'm with Tom - hope you hosed them down!

Thanks..........cj

~Lissa said...

Haha hilarious! Great job!

Jenny said...

I love this! No...

Let me rephrase, please.

I. LOVE. THIS!

NOTHING says 'trick' like a good ol' spray with a can of mace!

What a fun and unusual use of the prompt.

Really excellent.

And...

In case you think I didn't mean it...

I......LOVE...........THIS!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails