Saturday Centus is a themed writing meme hosted by Jenny Matlock. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. Normally we are given a prompt to use within the story, but this week is different. This week our prompt is a photo.

They lay before me like little orange soldiers in some crazy army. Hundreds of bright orange gourds lined up, waiting, trying to impress. Each of them waiting to be chosen as best.
Over here they seemed to call. Choose me! I am the biggest called one from the right. I am the brightest called a little one from the center. I am the perfect shape screamed one from the left. Each of them had something to say, some reason to call themself best.
You don’t want to be chosen I tried to tell them. The oven is hot.
10 comments:
So glad you made time for this one. It's great! The images and the emotions are almost like orphans waiting to see if they will be chosen, then WHAM, that hot oven thing.
Good one..........cj
This was great! And, yes, if you've got too many pumpkins, you must make pie!!
I loved that they were vying for attention they don't really want. Thanks for sharing!
It's funny how everyone looks for the perfect pumpkin. However, what's perfect for one person isn't for another, ha.
Oh well done ... I can't help feeling sorry for the silly pumpkins!
Just proves the old saying "be careful what you wish for"! Nice take on the prompt! Kat
Such a fine job with this one...be careful what you ask for...Peace
Wow. I'm so glad you had time to share this.
I like the way you wrapped this up.
It felt perfect.
I read it the second time out loud and it was wonderful like that, too!
Thanks for linking.
I too felt sad for the unsuspecting lil pumpkins....Great job!!
I've decided I like personified pumpkins.
=)
Post a Comment