We were given a dog a few weeks ago. I didn't want a dog. I don't want the responsibility of training, feeding, bathing, cleaning up after, and the keeping alive of a small furry creature. I took her in anyway. The poor thing was being abused by some heartless bastard and I couldn't very well look at her pitiful face and say "get that thing out of here" now could I? Nope! So we have a dog now. She is really sweet actually and spends most of her time laying at my side or at my heels. I din't want a dog, but I love the wretched beast and am glad to have her.
Dog is killing me right now! I know, really random since I just said I'm glad to have her. We've given her plenty of toys to play with and she keeps sneaking them all outside and then sits inside looking pitiful because she has nothing to play with. We have a doggy door and she is making good use of it as a portal for toys (both hers and Tots) to the land of the lost. Ok, she isn't really killing me with this, but she is annoying the crap out of me.
Anyone else hate the new BK breakfast commercials? The flute guy creeps me out. Seriously! He is frightening, take him away!!!
Tot has taken up singing the BK breakfast song. It leaves me confused when he does it. You see, the line that he sings is "I'm hungry, I'm hungry". He will sometimes add the "I'm going to burger king" at the end, but mostly it is just the part about being hungry. So naturally, when he sings it I think he is hungry and asking for food. I ask him what he wants to eat and he tells me he isn't hungry. What? A few days of that and him actually adding the end of the song and I finally figured it out. All is well, or at least it was. Now he has decided to sing it when he is hungry but of course I think he is just singing the song. Then he gets ticked off because I am not getting him food. I just never know. Thanks BK! You've given a 5yo with a serious speech delay accompanied by a very limited vocabulary a new way to baffle and annoy his mother!
Speaking of Tot's limited vocabulary, I have added a few negative words to the small list. I am not proud of myself. I have road rage. Like the... if it wouldn't get me into legal trouble and damage my own car, i would totally rear-end someone who pissed me off in traffic... kinda road-rage. Since I can't do that, I cuss at people. A lot! Tot, who really only started to speak around the age of 4 and was close to 5 by the time he could form a full sentence, can now correctly use the word "bastard" and the phrase "damn it" in a sentence. Yes, he totally uses them in the correct context. I know, I know... I said I was not proud of myself! Right now I am just trying to be grateful that he isn't repeating the really bad words. Oh! and I am also trying not to cuss but that is a tough one when I am road-raging.
3 comments:
Actually, that flute guy is growing on me.It's sort of funny.
BK hasn't had a really good commercial in a long time--think creepy king. THe breeakfast commercials are just wierd, but a slight bit better than the creepy king ones.
I think if they use it in context it's better parenting.
Post a Comment