I am now into week seven of my first two college courses. That is seven out of a total of nine. It is a little bit exciting and a lotta bit (lotta bit is a very Tot thing to say) frightening to be approaching the end. Exciting because I will be able to say that I have actually say I have completed a college course, well two actually. However, it is also frightening because I have to worry about the final exams coming up. I did great on the midterms but now I am adding another five weeks of information on top of those first four weeks information and have to actually remember it all. Yikes! I am not concerned with passing so much as I am with getting the high grades I expect of myself. As of now I have a 95% in one class and a 99% in the other. Finishing above a 90% and hopefully above a 95% in both classes is what I really want and expect from myself. So.... that makes me nervous about the finals.
My other big concern right now is that I have become SO bored with both classes. Well, SO bored with one of them, and a little bored with the other. I am glad I will be done with them in just a few weeks. Then again I am a bit nervous about facing new courses and new instructors and not knowing what to expect. The class I am most bored with is some lame course on university studies that amounts to nothing but is required of all new students. It is basically to teach you study habits and how to deal with stress. The class just keeps focusing on the same things over and over and over again. Even the discussion questions seem to be the same questions slightly rephrased. How many different ways can I answer what my motivators are and which study methods I find most helpful?!? B O R I N G ! The other class is a health class that is at least somewhat interesting but the past couple weeks have been on sexual health. Not a favorite subject for the wife of a sex addict! Although if they actually covered sex addiction at least it might make it more interesting for me and I probably wouldn't even need to read the textbook to answer the questions!
Right now I should be reading and answering discussion questions for both classes but I just can't focus on it all right now. I've been at it for about two hours and my mind keeps screaming at me to stop. I haven't had much focus on those two hours and haven't gotten much actually accomplished. I really just can't take it anymore. So here I am taking a much needed, but not very wise break from it all. I really need the time Tot is at preschool to do the work but I just cannot focus anymore. It will be a late night studying instead I guess.
I have so very many things on my mind that I need to sort through and get it all out. Maybe I will keep avoiding the coursework and get some things written and set to post this week. Sounds better than reading about contraception or study habits, that is for sure!
1 comment:
I'm SO glad to be done with college work. After I finished my masters I was considering going back for a doctorate in education -- SO glad I decided against it. Don't feel bad about being bored with college. Most courses are pretty boring until you get to the specialty classes ... even those can drag on. I've always felt that I could learn a lot more by being our there DOING for four years rather than sitting there reading about it. Oh well, guess we just have to jump through hoops.
Keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment