Friday, December 12, 2008

One Special Moment

He held me close. I could feel his arms around me pulling me tighter, closer in to his warmth. I felt his hand, hard and calloused rubbing my back. Soothing cirlces of contact swirling across my skin. The stubble on his cheek scraped along my cheek, my temple, my forehead as he lifted his head to kiss me gently on my hair. I burrowed my face into his neck breathing in the old, familiar scent. "I miss you" I whispered. "I miss you too," he answered back as he held me even closer.

For a small while at least, Hub and I shared something special. A few moments of forgetting the past and letting go of the pain. We held on closely knowing it wouldn't last for long. But still, we held on.

1 comment:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

Hold on to that moment. It was a gift. May more cherishing moments follow.

Namaste.

Related Posts with Thumbnails