I lay down in bed last night feeling overly tired, and just plain worn down. I am soul weary right now. To cope with that I stay awake long hours and then crash into bed when I just cannot continue to function. I realize that is not the best coping strategy but it is better than laying in bed tossing and turning and thinking. Always thinking!
So last night I fell into bed completely exhausted. I snuggled my head down into my pillow and smelled a strange smell. It was not a pleasant one for sure. I took a deep breath trying to identify the smell and considered that it could be dog pee. Too tired to do much about it, I threw the pillow on the floor and grabbed another. Pillows are in no short supply on my bed. Love, tenderness, and passion... those are rare things in my bed, but pillows not so much. Anyway, I grabbed another pillow, gave it a test sniff and decided it was safe enough. It smelled like hair which means it probably needed a washing, but it was something I could live with.
**If you have been reading this blog for awhile, actually reading it, not just reading the "juicy" posts, then you will remember that a few months ago we got a dog. It was from an abused home and someone rescued it but couldn't actually take in, so asked me to and of course I could not turn the darn thing down. So there is not actually a stray dog in my house but I refer to her as stray-dog cause that's almost what she was. It is also what she will be if she keeps pissing on my bed!!! This dog has a bit of a nervous disorder. She pees a little when she is nervous, scared, upset, or excited. It is usually just a tiny trickle that escapes. I figured the dog probably had a nervous episode on my bed and had trickled on my pillow. **
I
I re-tested the pillow and it still smelled only of hair. I sniffed at the other pillows and all were fine. Well, they were all dog pee free anyway. I decided to give the comforter a sniff. Oh dear lord!!! That was it. The dog had pissed on the bed and had hit my pillow and my big, fluffy comforter. I threw it off and managed the rest of the night with some scraggly old blanket that I hide under the bed.
If I hadn't been in a state of near coma-like existence due to the intentional sleep deprivation method of putting myself into a deep sleep each night, then I probably would have checked the entire bed for dog pee. As it was, I figured I would just shower in the morning anyway and since nothing felt wet surely it was ok. It stood to reason that if stray-dog hit the comforter and the pillow that the rest of the bed had probably been shielded.
This morning after getting up, taking a power-shower, and getting Tot ready for school, I grabbed the comforter to throw in the wash. I went back into my room to finish getting myself ready for the day and stray-dog followed me in. She hopped up on the bed and sat down. I thought nothing of it. I fumbled around in my way too messy closet for a shirt and when I turned around there was stray-dog squatted down on my bed! I guess she had decided that since I had cleaned up her handy work that she needed to replace it. There she was pouring out gallons of piss, quite intentionally, all over my bed!!! This was no accidental nervous trickle.
I guess the dog has decided that my bed is her territory and she felt the need to mark it. Now I'm stuck with cleaning the whole damn mattress instead of just washing sheets, pillows, and blankets.
The life metaphor? Once again someone pisses all over me and I am left to clean up the mess!
2 comments:
Oh Rocki... Get that doggie a diaper! Or else, just keep her outta your room, I guess.
Yeah... i hear ya with the pillows and that totally wearing, draining, soul-sucking never ending exhaustion.
I am almost afraid to feel the lightness... that is descending on me, now that my son is safely ensconced in the therapeutic boarding school. So far, so good. Its a miracle.
Yikes, I hope you have the dog situation straighten out.
Post a Comment