Spiraling down through life, I have managed to hit rock bottom. This is MY LIFE ON THE ROCKS
Monday, January 17, 2011
lost
So I decide to rejoin the ranks of Saturday Centus only to discover we've been limited to 25 words this week. Seriously Jenny?!? 25?!? Ok, whatever you say, I can do this.
prompt is in color:
Thelotteryticket slipped from my fingers and fluttered along in topsy-turvy arcs down the street. I considered chasing it, but why… it’s just one more lost dream.
I love the sense of voice in this - and the silent sigh at the end. It made me laugh actually, in total contrast to your poor butter fingers! Have you seen Tales of Mere Existence on YouTube - similar vibe.
11 comments:
Oh, run after it! You never know... Nice take on the prompt. Kat
Ooooo....this is so good...depressing, but so good...Peace and blessings
I love the sense of voice in this - and the silent sigh at the end. It made me laugh actually, in total contrast to your poor butter fingers! Have you seen Tales of Mere Existence on YouTube - similar vibe.
Very creative! Brill!
Gotta think positively!
I'm positive this is a great take.
Nicely done! I could totally feel the hopelessness and resignation in the narrators tone. Great use of the prompt!
You never know. It could be a winner. I probably would have gone after it, ha.
Yes, best to let go :)
oh, I feel sad. No hope? Without hope what is there?
I liked this one. You conveyed a lot with your 25 words.
=)
What an absolute micro-gem you shared here with us.
I feel the helplessness in this little story.
It makes me want to hug you.
Post a Comment