
I am living life in the Twilight Zone. I must be. Nothing could feel more alien or surreal than my surroundings at this time. Ok, maybe I've got sci-fi stuck in the brain after my little tale I wrote earlier and I'm pulling references to obscure old television shows due to that. But seriously... this is a strange world indeed.
I am on vacation. I know what you're thinking, "but Rocki you are dead broke and in a massive depression about the financial belly-buster you took over the holidays! how the hell are you paying for a vacation?" Well, you would be very wise to think that way, except I am not paying for this little trip. Nope! It's the parents. They had this bright idea that it would be fun to take me and Tot on a little family trip for some good ol family fun. Sounds great in theory. In reality... it is more of a nightmare.
The biggest problem with going on a trip that someone esle is paying for is that it leaves you with no control of the situation. You go where they want to go and do what they want to do. So the kid would love It's a Small World cause he's weird like that... well, that is just too bad cause grandma hates it. Nosir, not happening. So you hate meat and the kid won't eat it at all, well that is too bad cause grandpa wants to go to the prime rib buffet. Wake up when they want, leave when they want, see what they want, eat what they want, do what they want and grin and be thankful through it all.
Is vacation over yet?!?!?
2 comments:
Oh, honey, Don't you know? Moms don't get vacations! And neither do daughters, I'm afraid.
18 months ago, my mom invited me for a "vacation"--- a cruise to Alaska. She was at her dingiest-- ever. It was horrible. Months later, she confessed that she purposely turned off her brain and let me do the thinking.
wtf???
twilight zone, indeed!!!
xo
Rats! Doesn't sound like much of a vacation. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment