Friday, September 3, 2010

Moments

There are times I wonder how I ended up with this life. Those times can last days, weeks or even months.

Then there are moments that I am reminded why I made the choices I did. While they last considerably shorter than those bad times, they make a much bigger impact. A few minutes of heartfelt, honest conversation heal my soul. A brief moment of tenderness restores my belief. Blue eyes filled with love and emotion make my heart skip a beat.

The man I love is in there. And those moments when I see him shining through are precious if few.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I have moments like that, very introspective.

My moments are more filled with how I got here, though, and how amazed I am that my life has taken this path that I DID NOT PLAN.

It makes me smile, a little, and cry a little, too.

This is life.
Weird, huh?

Jenny said...

I really wish we could have a dialogue about this. You express feelings I had when my husband of 19 years got lost in bi-polar mental illness. Things changed. Things got ugly. I spent years and year trying to find the person I was certain was still there, only to discover he was not.

I feel your pain here.

I wish I could help you.

Terra said...

Hang in there. You have more hope than some...Your blog is wonderful, you are a great writer and though you are "co-existing" right now I also can tell you are getting stronger...maybe someday more of us will join you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails