It is Saturday Centus time again. I've normally done these on Saturday, but thankfully Jenny Matlock gives us the entire week to post our efforts. I had a more pressing and depressing matter to attend to this week.
This is a themed writing meme where you can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. It can be fact or fiction. The only restrictions are: The prompt must be left intact AND you cannot split up the words in the prompt.
Here is my contribution for the week. I am sticking with the mood of the week around here. This one is a bit dark, but I assure you it is fiction. So have no worries about me. :)
The wind whipped my hair into my face. Each tendril struck at my cheeks with the force of a whip. My eyes stung with tears, though not from the pain of the strikes. No, it was the pain in my heart, in my very soul, which brought forth the raging tears. Thunder crackled loudly as lightning ripped the sky like an electric demon. I lifted my face toward heaven and let the rain mix with the tears on my face. I held my arms outstretched and dared the electric currents blazing above to strike me where I stood. Indeed, it was a dark and stormy night.
16 comments:
Whoa! This was good. I love the taunting of the Weather Gods!
What happens when you write light? I'm just curious. When I am in my blackest worries I often write my funniest material. It's strange.
I just wondered if you were wired like that at all.
Depressing and pressing doesn't sound great. Sending a hug and a hope your way.
Thank you for linking.
As always, incredible writing here.
I hope you are doing better, I do my best writing when I am down in the dumps words just flow like water from a faucet...Your story was fantastic! Hang in there!
Terra
love it! wishing you healing!
Wonderfully written, your description is so clear that I feel like I'm standing in that storm with you. Sorry to hear you are having a bad week. It certainly hasn't affected your writing - beautiful!
Having been racked with sadness I can relate to the dare. Excellent writing!~Ames
You weren't kidding about being dark! Wow, that felt positively oppressive! Very cool story and a great usage of the prompt. You did great!
Sounds like you are channeling Ben Franklin or something! Hope this weeks is better for you.
Great Centus. I could vividly picture someone doing this. Good job.
Oooh I love the imagery in this, very powerful!
Hope you're doing better this week. I love where you went with this. I've been in this place before. I love when the weather suits my mood.
Explicit and captures the torment of a soul. If we are honest, most of us have been there one time or another...good job.
Oh, I liked it! A lot!!
=)
I like what Cheryl said about mood and weather. This was very well written.
I want to know the rest of the story! Very well written.
I love the taunting of the weather gods as well. Very nice imagery. I could feel myself there with your character!
uw sounds like a crusfix. very dark story indeed
Tina
Post a Comment