I am becoming increasigly frustrated with Hub on the parenting front. I am put in the position of being the mean parent. Most often I am the one who handles discipline. I make Tot put away his toys, and put him in time-out when he acts out. I am the one who makes him eat his veggies before he gets ice cream. Me! Me me me me me!!!
I am used to it being this way, but it is frustrating.
The newest frustration comes not from having to be the mean parent, but from also having to be the only parent that works on the really difficult things. The only parent who actually pays attention at therapy appointments. The only parent who actually reads all the information the therapists send home. I then have to explain it all to Hub and try to get him to see the importance of actually following through on all of it.
How are we ever going to help Tot and make real progress if only one of us is involved in the therapy and implementing plans of action?
Want to know what triggered this little explosion of frustration just now?
We just got a book of information and techniques for dealing with Tot's anger and aggression issues. It is a lot to read through. I am super busy with school stuff (ya, I actually started school. i will post on that later. MUCH to say!) and it would be a HUGE help for Hub to read some of this stuff so I don't have to read it all. So.... Hub goes into the bathroom with some junk mail to read for the hour he'll be in there. Seriously?!? Why the hell couldn't he have taken the big book of information we got from the therapist that needs to be read?!?!?!?
I AM SO FREAKING FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Thank God we do it, or it wouldn't get done ;)
Post a Comment