Saturday Centus is a themed writing meme hosted by Jenny Matlock.
You can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. You cannot use pictures to illustrate your story. It can be fact or fiction. The only restriction is the prompt must be left intact WHICH MEANS you cannot split up the words in the prompt.
Here is my effort for the week. (prompt is in red):
"This is never going to come out," she thought as she scrubbed at the spot on the worn carpet. Suddenly, she heard a high pitched scream. Quickly looking up she saw her daughter, Katie, chasing a group of kids around the room. She was screaming with laughter as she gave chase. It was Katie’s sixth birthday and yet this was the first time she’d ever had a party. It had been six months since Katie’s adoption had been finalized. This happy, laughing girl hardly resembled the frightened, timid child they had brought home. “This fruit punch is never going to come out,” she thought again, “and I don’t care!”
12 comments:
I loved this a lot. This was a really nice way to take the prompt and different. I loved the part "I don't care" the most. Good job.
Bravo! "Never cry over spilled milk" my mother would say! A happy use of the prompt indeed!~Ames
This is a joyful piece that puts it all in perspective. Katie's first real party?! Who cares about the carpet?!
Thanks for visiting.
xoRobyn
I love this! I thought it qwas going to be sad but it was a happy one! Well done!
Moew!
Great solution for the prompt! It wasn't expected, which is very good. An interesting and heart-warming twist!
Purrs,
Sara Cat
Sara Cat's SC Week #20
A great little story with a wonderful ending. I liked it a lot. :-)
I love the way you took the prompt this week. I can see the kids cavorting around the room. And I can feel the Mom's happiness. Beautifully done! Katie will look at that stain in the future and remember her first birthday party :)
Ok, that was so sweet, so cool so heartwarming. I just enjoyed thinking of her first party!
Great take on this theme. Not expected. Very creative.
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC-Week-20
I was feeling a sad story coming on and then you twisted it around and made me want to applaud the story teller.
Clever and poignant use of the prompt words.
I like your reminder of what is really important.
Thank you for linking.
What a sweet and tender twist in your story! Loved this!
Love trumps a spotty rug any day. Thanks for the sweet reminder of the truly important things in our lives.
Post a Comment