Monday, December 20, 2010

tiny tim can go f....

"Are you ready for Christmas?" asked the perky wulmurt cashier.

"No, not really," I sighed.

"Why not?" she asked, seeming surprisingly concerned.

"I am just not in the Christmas spirit this year," I answered with a shrug of my shoulder.


An actual snarl took over her formerly perky face. "Ugh!" she snorted, "that's not right!"

Seriously? Seriously you overly chipper, snarky, little bitch?!? You're going to give me an attitude... no! not just an attitude but down-right contempt, because I am not in the holiday spirit?


Maybe you can be happy you blue-shirted, Santa loves me, upbeat, stupid-ass optimist, but not all of us can. Some of us have husbands who will be 100's of miles away on Christmas. Husbands who will probably be treating themeselves to a happy-ending massage while we're putting together some 100o piece toy that our kid just had to have but will only play with for a day, and we're slaving over a hot stove making a dinner nobody is going to freaking eat! Some of us are making do with aging potatoes, a can of corn, and that cheap ass ham you see me spending my last fifteen bucks on for Christmas dinner. Some of us are having to decide whether to actually pay the bills or to buy their kids presents for Christmas this year!!!


So excuse the f**k out of me if I'm not feeling the spirit this year. God bless us everyone my ass! Tiny Tim can go f**k himself too!!!


I am in a dark, bitter mood this holiday season. Get over it ya peppy bitch! Ugh.... I need a drink!

3 comments:

Lexie said...

Walmart sucks. And so do soppy carols that one can't EVER escape from... and chirpy well-wishers, with attitude.

its def the work of the devil, Rocki. There can be no other explanation.

If I could, I'd join you for that drink.

(((hugs))) from one bitter bitch to another.

Jenny said...

Hi. I'm really late visiting you. Holidays can be so wicked difficult. It feels like everyone else has their "merry" on, and it's hard not to slap them silly.

I don't know if this might work for you, but in the very, very worst years when I was going through a nasty divorce I totally 'undid' Christmas traditions. I did volunteer work. I made bags for the homeless. I took the neighbors a pizza.

It helped.

A little bit.

I didn't want to do these things...I just knew how deep and black the pit I lived in was becoming and it scared the heck out of me.

I wish I could give you a hug and tell you everything will get better.

I'm sorry this was such a painful time for you.

Lexie said...

Hi Rocki,

Thinking of you and hope you are well. ~ Lexie

Related Posts with Thumbnails