It's been a few weeks, but I am back at attempting a Saturday Centus this week. The prompt was perfect. I knew just what to write about as soon as I saw it. It took some restraint to stick to 100 words. That and some massive utilization of contractions. It was hard to make myself use them since it has been pounded into me through my college English Comp courses to NOT use contractions. They have saved me here on the word count though. I just ask that you pretend the words are not contracted and read them as though they are separate words because I really do think it sounds better that way. That may just be the brainwashing talking though. Ah well, on with the show as they say. Prompt is in color as always.
I give you, The Stupidity and Insensitivity of Hub:
It’d been over three months since I’d seen Hub. He was working out of state in an effort to dig us out of our financial hole. Jobs were scarce here, especially in the only industry he’s qualified to work. Despite the fact that our marriage is far from perfect, and on most days not even in the neighborhood of good, I found myself missing him. I was happy to finally get a chance to see him. He had never been accused of being intelligent, but when I realized he’d brought two of his buddies with him when picking me up, I realized what an idiot he really is.
14 comments:
Oh dear, sad but funny. (I do hope it's not true!)
Aah men! What can you say? Good one!
Glad to see you back! This did turn out to be a perfect prompt for so many people. Very well written. I hope it's fiction, but I fear it's not. Kat
What a pluperfect ass is Hub! You had me with the twist at the end. Love it.
Namaste..........cj
Sadly, this tale is indeed very true!
I am so sad that it is a true tale ... this Centus was really perfect for you.
Uh oh, sorry this happened. It did make a great centus though. Hang in there.
Egads! This guy is clearly a dope! I assume he must have SOME redeeming qualities! Maybe they are best not shared, though.
Good Job !
I'm so sorry you are on the rocks. It is indeed a bitter pill to swallow when things aren't in balance, you're floundering, trying to get your bearings and come up with a solid solution to the problem.
Writing what you're going through can be helpful and give you a clear picture of where you are and how to find your way back to happiness and peace again.
Hugs,
Nonna
Very well written and an original direction to go in.
I'm sorry your life is rocky right now. I was/am in a similar situation to you. Life was pretty okay until I got very very bad post partum depression after my son was born. It's been a two year struggle and I am still climbing the mountain. Email me if you'd like someone to chat or vent with. mfigliuzzi@gmail.com
:)
MEN!!!!!!!
Loved it!
coloured perspective
Sheesh. Sometimes men just don't get it.
:/
First, I just have to say THANK YOU!
I have this wonderful person who edits a book I'm writing who is forever telling me to use more contractions. I don't always even speak in them...I use them some, but not every single time. Sorry you had to resort to them for word count.
I am not totally sure, and I feel kinda/sorta uncomfortable asking BUT were you married to my ex-husband?
Seriously.
What a dolt. Even though it sounds like you might have unlimited story material there from all the heartache.
Thank you for linking up.
Sending you a big hug.
Post a Comment