Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love/Hate

Why must I change the parts of my life that I love in order to change the parts that I hate?

I love staying home with Tot. I love that I am the one who wakes him in the morning. I am the one who feeds him breakfast and gets him dressed. I am the one who plays with him, teaches him, nurtures him. I am the one that cares for him all day long. I love to be the number one person in his life. The one he counts on for nearly everything. The one who will teach him to become a good person, a loving person, a caring person, a person who is reliable and honest.

I love having time to spend with Dot and Sonny in the summers. I love being able to take them to the pool or the park. To a museum or a picnic. I love that during the school year I am here when they leave in the mornings and here when they come home in the afternoons. I love that I do not have to worry about where they are or who they are with.

I hate the lies and deceptions that Hub has continually forced upon me. I hate that in order to be free of them I have to give up what I love most in life. I hate that I have to find a job and go to work in order for both he and I to know that I could leave him. I hate that I have to trust my children to strangers in order to do this.

1 comment:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

Oh, Love, I'm sorry you hurt.

I'm an SAHM, too, and I've been down the road of Where Is the Emergency EXIT!!! in case Bowser goes all Runaway Addict and I need to take the boys and go.

We've resolved it two ways. One: his folks support the boundaries to which Bowser and I have agreed re: Runaway Addict behavior and they will take me and the boys or the boys... whatever as long as needed. Two: we have set aside 3 months worth of living expenses that are my starter kit for a new life. Some of it is in the form of available credit and some is liquid, but it's there.

I still feel a little shaky sometimes when I get the bat shit codie crazies, but our plan is solid enough for me to feel safe and vivid enough for Bowser to know that I can leave if it's the safest thing for our kids.

I don't know if any of those are options for you, but there are options. You just have to get really creative.

((((BIG HUGS))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails